Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day Weekend




My parents and brother Ryan just spent Ryan's Birthday (13th) and Father's Day weekend with us. They drove up Friday and spent the night at the hotel I work at, the JW Marriott Resort here in Las Vegas. Of course, I was able to get them a fabulous upgrade and they had the kids come and stay with them and enjoyed the pool the next morning. Then they spent Saturday and Sunday evenings at our house and we had a wonderful Father's Day weekend together. Unfortunately we will probably not get to see them as conveniently or as often now.......
.......for those of you who don't know yet, my parents are moving back to Washington again. My dad's company closed their plant and so he was out of a job yet again. He had been searching in the Utah area as well as Washington/Oregon. The job that ended up working out for him is located about 45min north of Vancouver in Longview, Washington. So my parents will be looking to live in the Ridgefield area. My dad starts work on June 30th while my mom stays behind to get the house sold before she heads up. Ryan is also planning on moving back as well.
I am definitely bummed. I was really enjoying having them so close and we quite often took long weekends to drive up and visit. I don't know how often we will get to visit them in Vancouver as it is a very long drive and plane tickets are quite expensive for my whole family. But, when I do get to visit, I will really enjoy visiting the Vancouver area again and all of my friends that I do not get to see very often. We are planning on visiting for the Thanksgiving holiday already. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad to you all had time together. It's always hard when families move away but your right you will enjoy those visits even that much more. We miss you guys! Lisa

Diana said...

Hi Mindi! I can't believe how much abby looks like you.... so beautiful!
Glad to see you all so happy. Gosh I feel so ice-age without a blog of my own =)
Thanks for the update about Dawn - I don't know what to do either. I'd like to do something... her attitude about the whole thing is amazing.
I'm going to LA this weekend to visit my two nieces (Dale's daughters - Clara and Alice: 2.5 and 3 months - so cute!) Hope you have a lovely long weekend. Let me know next time you come to visit your fam up here again....
Love Diana.