
On Sunday, July 27th a beautiful 18 month old little girl named Madison, who is the grandchild of some members of our ward, was tragically taken away from her family. She and her mother were here in Vegas visiting her grandparents and on Sunday morning she went missing for less than 2 minutes and was found in the pool. She was rushed to the hospital and passed away later that evening. A friend told me what had happened on Monday and my heart just aches for the entire family. She was such a beautiful little angel and you could tell she was SO loved! I have cried for them and the pain they must be suffering. How do you pick up the pieces of your heart and move on after losing a child like that? It hurts to even think about the pain they must be going through right now. I can't even imagine having to fly back home without your baby....and return to your home...now full of reminders of your loss. Then to have to say goodbye at her funeral and try to move on and make it through the rest of what is left of your own life somehow.
This has greatly effected me emotionly this week. I find myself thinking about it all the time. I think about this adorable child and wonder why her life was cut short. What is God's plan for her? For her parents? I have prayed for them every day that they may be comforted. I pray that Madison is happy and safe, waiting to be reunited with her family someday. I admire the family and the courage and strength that they have shown in this trying time. I do not think I would be able to make it through something like this with the faith that they have shown! I kiss my children each day and tell them how much I love them. I treasure every moment we share.
All of you out there reading this, PLEASE say a prayer for Madison's family! I will continue to pray for them and think about them often.
1 comment:
Mindy I totaly understand why you posted this. I am adding them to our prayers. These women who have lost so much need our support. I am sorry this is my first comment. I am really glad you started this site. Next time Zach and I are in Vegas we need to get together.
~Irene Hoskins
Post a Comment